About This Blog

I really like theatre, and I like writing and talking about it.

This blog is mostly about my relationship with theatre, the moments that make me fall in love with this art form, and the times when we don't always get along.

I'll be writing about things that I like, that I think are good and interesting and want to share. I will probably also write about things that I don't quite get, or think are wierd. I may also write about things that aren't theatre, strictly speaking, because it's my blog and I can.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Das Rheingold- addendum

More later today (Hopefully. Possibly?), but first, a quick addendum to my post on Das Rheingold:

The story of the first 1/2 of the Ring Cycle told through professional wrestling.

NYTimes review here: http://theater.nytimes.com/2010/10/26/theater/reviews/26ring.html?ref=theater

To quote critic Steve Smith,  "..this cheeky adaptation...addresses Wagner’s agenda with remarkable sensitivity and insight".

Sounds fun! Maybe someone in NY who's seen this can let me know how it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment